Monday, May 25, 2009

A re-release?

Interesting news concerning Gaton. It seems one of the editors of the most recent issue of Burdock magazine has been researching Gaton based on my few entries into this blog. I've been asked to show them my copy of the rare "People of Grenada" long poem.
Gaton himself has been reading Burdock for sometime along with the few other poetry journals published in Milwaukee.

According to the blogsite for Burdock (strangely named Teppichfresser Press) they've also put out a few chapbooks. Since the poem is no longer in print I've suggested it get another go around since it is over 25 years old and most probably few in the younger circles in Milwaukee have even heard of Gaton.

I believe the poem holds up well after all these years in part because it existed under the radar to begin with.

1 comment:

  1. Burdock and B Squad did a joint reading a few years back for the B Squad issue with the Chris Gaton poems in it, so I guess the matchup works.

    ReplyDelete